HD ❤ Monster Warlord Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are the percents really accurate...?

5 posters

Go down

Are the percents really accurate...? Empty Are the percents really accurate...?

Post  βal Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:01 pm

Ok so with this 40% combine rate I am failing ALL the time, seriously about 7 fails for 1 success. To add, my salamander capture rate is at 65%, a 35% chance to fail, and I fail to capture salamanders ALL the time. With radars I get more appearances but that makes it worse when I fail to catch 5 times in a row. So whats the deal with these rates? If I have a 60% chance to fail and have huge fail streaks on combine, why do I have huge fail streaks on a 65% to capture???
βal
βal
Perv Octopus
Perv Octopus

Back to top Go down

Are the percents really accurate...? Empty Re: Are the percents really accurate...?

Post  Kirbypepe Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Hmm well the capture does seem a little odd that you do fail to capture that often with 65% but with the combines, even though logically speaking if you tried fusing 10 times of those 4 should succeed, the percentage is really just an average. The way I've always thought about it is that if you flip a balanced coin with 2 sides (Heads\Tails), logically flipping the coin 100 times should give you about 50 heads and 50 tails. However, if you flip the coin 100 times and write down the result, you'll see that in reality you'll get large streaks of one or the other before it balances out. I'm thinking its roughtly the same here with the combines. But yeah like I said the capture one does seem weird.

Kirbypepe
Cracken
Cracken

Back to top Go down

Are the percents really accurate...? Empty Re: Are the percents really accurate...?

Post  Abyssion Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:51 pm

Been combining for days... fail rate is 85-90% for me...

This 40 % is really bullshit, it a lie.. and most ppl will agree

Abyssion
Minota
Minota

Back to top Go down

Post  jdjmad Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:19 am

I think I'm pretty close to 40% on the combines. I've had good streaks (5 successes in a row) and bad streaks (6 fails in a row). Like Kirby said, it will average out in the long run

jdjmad
Mummy
Mummy

Back to top Go down

Post  vatheran Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:17 am

Like someone pointed out earlier, 40% is just an average of a large data pool, say if you tried combining a few thousand ancients, then you'd probably end up with 40% success rate but if you only tried a hundred or so, the chances of you getting 40 is totally random

vatheran
Eggmong
Eggmong

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum