Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Post  KvP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Will be released global wide in just 7 hours!
I won't be able to play immediately due to school/life conflicts T_T_T_T_T_T but hopefully I get to start on the damn campaign starting Sunday at the latest!

If anyone here plays Starcraft II, post your ID/code on Heart of the Swarm and I'll add you as soon as I log on!!

KvP
Kentaurus
Kentaurus

Posts: 198
Join date: 2013-03-05
Age: 23
Location: Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Post  Arrreko on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:55 am

I just getting started right now and i cant really hold myself.

So many people telling me the campaign is extremly good.

I'm quite afraid if i can get into platin again, like in the beta Smile

Arrreko
Red Eye
Red Eye

Posts: 16
Join date: 2013-03-11
Age: 24
Location: Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Post  KvP on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 am

Arrreko wrote:I just getting started right now and i cant really hold myself.

So many people telling me the campaign is extremly good.

I'm quite afraid if i can get into platin again, like in the beta Smile

What race are you playing?
The only thing you need to focus on at lower levels is your macro (build and optimize workers per base, don't get supply blocked, ALWAYS produce units and keep your money low)
Macro alone will take you to Diamond, and at Diamond+ is where micro comes to play
High masters+ is where mind games, build orders become really crucial.

KvP
Kentaurus
Kentaurus

Posts: 198
Join date: 2013-03-05
Age: 23
Location: Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Post  KvP on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:28 am

Bought a DIGITAL copy through TeamLiquid/Amazon when they were giving away the beta key, and instead they're sending me a hard copy so I can't play until the 19th when the package arrives!

This is God's way of telling to study for my midterms instead of playing games T_T

KvP
Kentaurus
Kentaurus

Posts: 198
Join date: 2013-03-05
Age: 23
Location: Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Post  Arrreko on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:46 am

KvP wrote:
Arrreko wrote:I just getting started right now and i cant really hold myself.

So many people telling me the campaign is extremly good.

I'm quite afraid if i can get into platin again, like in the beta Smile

What race are you playing?
The only thing you need to focus on at lower levels is your macro (build and optimize workers per base, don't get supply blocked, ALWAYS produce units and keep your money low)
Macro alone will take you to Diamond, and at Diamond+ is where micro comes to play
High masters+ is where mind games, build orders become really crucial.

i played protoss mainly, and a little bit of terran.
that is exactly my problem. my macro and multitasking is bad, but my micro managnet is extremly good. I'm a bit lazy reading bo's or do much multitasking and i have so much fun in micron (splitting marines, load in load out, 2 dropps + main engage) that i really dont see how to improve my macro

Arrreko
Red Eye
Red Eye

Posts: 16
Join date: 2013-03-11
Age: 24
Location: Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Post  KvP on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:05 pm

Arrreko wrote:
KvP wrote:
Arrreko wrote:I just getting started right now and i cant really hold myself.

So many people telling me the campaign is extremly good.

I'm quite afraid if i can get into platin again, like in the beta Smile

What race are you playing?
The only thing you need to focus on at lower levels is your macro (build and optimize workers per base, don't get supply blocked, ALWAYS produce units and keep your money low)
Macro alone will take you to Diamond, and at Diamond+ is where micro comes to play
High masters+ is where mind games, build orders become really crucial.

i played protoss mainly, and a little bit of terran.
that is exactly my problem. my macro and multitasking is bad, but my micro managnet is extremly good. I'm a bit lazy reading bo's or do much multitasking and i have so much fun in micron (splitting marines, load in load out, 2 dropps + main engage) that i really dont see how to improve my macro

Micro is of course much more fun, but you need to know that larger army going 1a will beat smaller army micro every single time.
If you want to play seriously and play at a higher level macro is a MUST.
You can freestyle your way to masters as long as you have good macro and decent micro.
Some basic build orders are good to know if you plan on doing a lot of timing attacks like FFE into immortal/sentry vs Zerg, 1gate expand into 6 gate 3 colossus timing vs Terran etc.

I play Protoss at masters level, haven't played seriously since December so I'm really rusty right now, maybe at mid or even low diamond level Sad
I think I can help you improve if you want to get better.

KvP
Kentaurus
Kentaurus

Posts: 198
Join date: 2013-03-05
Age: 23
Location: Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Post  Arrreko on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:40 pm

wow i just played through the campaign and its just... wow. i have goosepumps from the last cutscene. I can't wait for the second addon now Very Happy haha

I will come back at your offer after ive done my placing matches perhabs Smile would be really cool to make some competition for my best mate, he is a master zerg player and whines to much about the new toss Very Happy i would love to give him a little lesson someday

Arrreko
Red Eye
Red Eye

Posts: 16
Join date: 2013-03-11
Age: 24
Location: Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Post  KvP on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:26 pm

Arrreko wrote:wow i just played through the campaign and its just... wow. i have goosepumps from the last cutscene. I can't wait for the second addon now Very Happy haha

I will come back at your offer after ive done my placing matches perhabs Smile would be really cool to make some competition for my best mate, he is a master zerg player and whines to much about the new toss Very Happy i would love to give him a little lesson someday

Last cutscene of Heart of the Swarm??? T_T I can't wait!
I'd love to play vs your friend but I need to get back into form first!
And tell him to stop crying when he's had broodlord/infestor to absolutely dominate against everything for the past year lol
Also Toss is really good PvZ in the lategame when they have an air army, if the Zerg lets Toss get that far ahead they deserve to lose Very Happy

KvP
Kentaurus
Kentaurus

Posts: 198
Join date: 2013-03-05
Age: 23
Location: Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Post  NesteaLemon on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:24 pm

Hey, started playing Sc2 1 week before the hots addon came out, normally a highskilled dota2 player, but was searching for something new ^^. Atm im playing in Silverleague and i really enjoying this game, what made me post here was 1 specific game and i wanna know if u think this guy is a damn maphacker.

Most interesting parts are Min 14, 20, 23 and that this guy not scouted once in this game and always was aware what im doing.

At Min 14 i tryed to pressure his 3rd exe, watch his camera and unit movement. shortly before engaging he suddenly stopped macroing and was focusing the point where i wanted to go in, with his army even moving a bit forward without any normal vision.

At Min 20 the same story, he knows that i have a 3rd exe and attacked it without knowing any i even have it. When im positioning my units to def his main army on the high ground, he goes back without seeing my army standing there and going for coruptors (he has not once seen my army).

Same story again at min 23, i killed his army, wanna attack his 3rd first and SURPRISE hes waiting for me there.

What do u think of this game, maphack or?

http://drop.sc/316419

Regs
nestea


NesteaLemon
Ghost
Ghost

Posts: 12
Join date: 2013-03-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Post  KvP on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:57 pm

NesteaLemon wrote:Hey, started playing Sc2 1 week before the hots addon came out, normally a highskilled dota2 player, but was searching for something new ^^. Atm im playing in Silverleague and i really enjoying this game, what made me post here was 1 specific game and i wanna know if u think this guy is a damn maphacker.

Most interesting parts are Min 14, 20, 23 and that this guy not scouted once in this game and always was aware what im doing.

At Min 14 i tryed to pressure his 3rd exe, watch his camera and unit movement. shortly before engaging he suddenly stopped macroing and was focusing the point where i wanted to go in, with his army even moving a bit forward without any normal vision.

At Min 20 the same story, he knows that i have a 3rd exe and attacked it without knowing any i even have it. When im positioning my units to def his main army on the high ground, he goes back without seeing my army standing there and going for coruptors (he has not once seen my army).

Same story again at min 23, i killed his army, wanna attack his 3rd first and SURPRISE hes waiting for me there.

What do u think of this game, maphack or?

http://drop.sc/316419

Regs
nestea


Yes, I'm 100% sure he's a maphacker but he's a real bad maphacker.
You should report him and send him about 100 messages about how bad he should feel about himself for maphacking AND playing Zerg AND still being terrible at the game.

KvP
Kentaurus
Kentaurus

Posts: 198
Join date: 2013-03-05
Age: 23
Location: Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Post  KvP on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:19 am




Back in masters baby, 20-8 while being afk from the game for 4months!

KvP
Kentaurus
Kentaurus

Posts: 198
Join date: 2013-03-05
Age: 23
Location: Canada

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum