Help Required. Totally new.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Bites on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:55 am

Bites here,

I did some research on strategies and guides before starting MW. Theres 2 builds Pure Stamina & Pure Energy. Im currently lvl19 with Energy 91. Im wondering if which build is better and able to progress faster.
Is HD recruiting Newbies?

Really hope that theres someone reply and give me and In-depth explanation about MW and how to progress well.

Bites
Poppin
Poppin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-12-05
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Bane on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:09 am

Pure energy:
Requires you to log on frequently and spend your energy on quests until you are lvl to farm salamanders. You will miss mini wb and be weak on mid wb. You won't see results until u are lv.200+ and a good combine event comes up.

Pure stamina:
Lets you log on less frequently, but require you have alot of patience to collect monsters from wb, dungeons and save up tons of jewels, and also combiine your monsters on combine event. You can't level so much, so u must sit at a certain lvl for quite some time.
avatar
Bane
Hydra
Hydra

Posts : 1031
Join date : 2013-03-19
Age : 31
Location : Sweden

http://www.gamephantom.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Vicha on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:10 am

Both strategies have pros and cons.

Stamina builds take quite a long time (longer as a new player) to build up a dungeon team but once you have it then progress is relatively quick. It also has the advantage of being able to remain at low level so you can gain jewels from both the world boss and mini world boss. This strategy works best by saving up jewels on a high level account so you can reset and buy tons of stamina. It is considerably less good as a fresh start.

Energy builds will pretty much always feel like you're making progress as you concentrate on levelling through questing and gain extra skill points as rewards. They don't require tons of jewels to be good from the start so it is better for new players.

Edit: To begin with Energy builds do require you to login and use energy a LOT! However, once you get higher in level you can get enough energy that you can afford to login just once every 10 hours.

Personally I prefer pure energy because it means I don't have to check the game as often and can go and do other things.

There are player walkthroughs on these forums, here are links to two of them.

Unreal's Pure Energy Walkthrough
http://monsterwarlord.forumotion.com/t683-pure-ranger-walkthrough

My Own Pure Energy Progress Thread
http://monsterwarlord.forumotion.com/t2069-vicha-s-pure-energy-build

Vicha
Baby Blue Dragon
Baby Blue Dragon

Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  player92 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:36 am

Been playing for almost a year, looking back and telling you my best advice on how i would do it if i started again.

Remember this: Stamina is really the only thing that matters in this game. Pure energy, balanced or whatever is just a waste of time when your higher level.

At your level its best to be pure energy until youre like level 150, leveling is really fast and you will get alot levels per day. After that you do a skill reset and put almost all sp on stamina. Should give you about 300 stamina? and thats enough to constantly be 10% in attacks in the world boss. Then just farm the world boss and wait for a combine event then combine everything and you'll get a supreme-elderish kind of monster depending on luck. After this farming dungeons starts and you will get stronger quickly.

Dont listen to kids saying pure energy is good. Yeah i can farm chaoses from quests but im fairly high level and only have a 30% chance to catch them. It also requires 70 energy for one chaos. At the same time i can get ultimates with about 10 stamina points.

tl;dr be pure energy until lvl ~150 then switch to pure stamina

player92
Red Eye
Red Eye

Posts : 15
Join date : 2013-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Bites on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:46 am

HD ❤ Akinu wrote:Pure energy:
Requires you to log on frequently and spend your energy on quests until you are lvl to farm salamanders. You will miss mini wb and be weak on mid wb. You won't see results until u are lv.200+ and a good combine event comes up.

Pure stamina:
Lets you log on less frequently, but require you have alot of patience to collect monsters from wb, dungeons and save up tons of jewels, and also combiine your monsters on combine event. You can't level so much, so u must sit at a certain lvl for quite some time.
Thanks Akinu for letting me know more about the pros and cons

Bites
Poppin
Poppin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-12-05
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Bites on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:51 am

Vicha wrote:Both strategies have pros and cons.

Stamina builds take quite a long time (longer as a new player) to build up a dungeon team but once you have it then progress is relatively quick. It also has the advantage of being able to remain at low level so you can gain jewels from both the world boss and mini world boss. This strategy works best by saving up jewels on a high level account so you can reset and buy tons of stamina. It is considerably less good as a fresh start.

Energy builds will pretty much always feel like you're making progress as you concentrate on levelling through questing and gain extra skill points as rewards. They don't require tons of jewels to be good from the start so it is better for new players.

Edit: To begin with Energy builds do require you to login and use energy a LOT! However, once you get higher in level you can get enough energy that you can afford to login just once every 10 hours.

Personally I prefer pure energy because it means I don't have to check the game as often and can go and do other things.

There are player walkthroughs on these forums, here are links to two of them.

Unreal's Pure Energy Walkthrough
http://monsterwarlord.forumotion.com/t683-pure-ranger-walkthrough

My Own Pure Energy Progress Thread
http://monsterwarlord.forumotion.com/t2069-vicha-s-pure-energy-build
Hi Vicha!
Thanks for the walkthrough and your own PEP(PureEnergyProgress). I've read them, they were great.
I'm currently lvl12 with energy67. Im going for the Pure Energy Build. But, I'm confused about when and where should I start adding Stamina/Att?

Bites
Poppin
Poppin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-12-05
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Vicha on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:47 am

I didn't start getting stamina until level 170 and my guide starts shortly before that, so you can see where I started and stopped adding it. Essentially, energy builds don't need any stamina until that point because level 168-ish is roughly where you finish your last set of quests and start farming Salamanders (Fire Ancients).

Past that point you want to slowly increase stamina until you reach 50. The money you gain from hitting summoned bosses, world boss and income per hour should be enough to fund your combining.

Vicha
Baby Blue Dragon
Baby Blue Dragon

Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Bites on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:55 am

Vicha wrote:I didn't start getting stamina until level 170 and my guide starts shortly before that, so you can see where I started and stopped adding it. Essentially, energy builds don't need any stamina until that point because level 168-ish is roughly where you finish your last set of quests and start farming Salamanders (Fire Ancients).

Past that point you want to slowly increase stamina until you reach 50. The money you gain from hitting summoned bosses, world boss and income per hour should be enough to fund your combining.
Okay! thanks alot. Do add me at 817 306 3682(Global).
BTW, are you going to do a reset? and change everything into fighter?

Edit: Reset using Jewels I mean.

Bites
Poppin
Poppin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-12-05
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Vicha on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:44 pm

I shall be continuing always as Energy until I reach the point where I have the highest leader effect to reduce energy recovery and enough energy to make that take 10 hours. ( Currently that is a little over 1200 Energy.)

At that point I shall likely start adding some extra stamina rather than doing a reset and only add extra energy if required due to the generation time. Its yet another thing I like with an Energy build, it sort of has a built in soft cap where you can then afford to get stamina as well. Having said that, it does take a -very- long time to reach that point.

Vicha
Baby Blue Dragon
Baby Blue Dragon

Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Bites on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Vicha wrote:I shall be continuing always as Energy until I reach the point where I have the highest leader effect to reduce energy recovery and enough energy to make that take 10 hours. ( Currently that is a little over 1200 Energy.)

At that point I shall likely start adding some extra stamina rather than doing a reset and only add extra energy if required due to the generation time. Its yet another thing I like with an Energy build, it sort of has a built in soft cap where you can then afford to get stamina as well. Having said that, it does take a -very- long time to reach that point.
Wow. Thats kinda long tho. But patience will pay it off.
Im currently lvl20 with energy98
Grassland Completed Rank3
Eastern Seaside Inprogress Rank1

Do i use the Jewels I have now? I have 16 at the moment. 10from the start and 6 from WB

Bites
Poppin
Poppin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-12-05
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  HD ❤ Mochi on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:58 pm

When I played I did a hybrid build. I would go 1 Stam and 1 energy. I enjoyed it till level 200 then I went pure stamina.

I was able to level fast and at around 80 or so I would save my level up so I would level up during wb and double the amount of stamina I use on it.

When I got around 170 I had around 287 stamina which allowed me to do quests for up to 7 ancient monsters at a time. I would save up wb rewards and save up 100 ancient monster then during an event combine them to hope for a good monster.

This build was hard to do wb at first but I leveled fast and I enjoyed the game a lot.
avatar
HD ❤ Mochi
Dark Archon
Dark Archon

Posts : 131
Join date : 2013-03-22
Age : 30
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Hrus on Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 am

Also if you want to play energy build,may i suggest starting ať global 2? Less people there, not so many dungeons, not so many low level campers. Energy build (which is easier for nonspenders) has actually better chance there.

Hrus
Monster Bat
Monster Bat

Posts : 45
Join date : 2013-07-07
Age : 39
Location : Prague

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  HD ❤ Mochi on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:15 am

Or you could play both servers and test two different type of builds.

If you don't know how to change servers on the main screen where it says push to start. There is a button on the bottom left corner that says server global. If you push that it will let you change the server. There are 4 servers and you can have an account on all of them but none of them are linked.
avatar
HD ❤ Mochi
Dark Archon
Dark Archon

Posts : 131
Join date : 2013-03-22
Age : 30
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Bites on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:26 am

Hrus wrote:Also if you want to play energy build,may i suggest starting ať global 2? Less people there, not so many dungeons, not so many low level campers. Energy build (which is easier for nonspenders) has actually better chance there.
Lol. I had another phone on global2 trying Pure Stamina build

Bites
Poppin
Poppin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-12-05
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Bites on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:27 am

Mochi wrote:Or you could play both servers and test two different type of builds.

If you don't know how to change servers on the main screen where it says push to start. There is a button on the bottom left corner that says server global. If you push that it will let you change the server. There are 4 servers and you can have an account on all of them but none of them are linked.
Yeap. Im currently doing that. Smile

Bites
Poppin
Poppin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-12-05
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Bites on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:28 am

Can Monsters from Ancient tiers & above be availabe to hunt?

Bites
Poppin
Poppin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-12-05
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  HD ❤ Mochi on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:34 am

Yes at around level 150 in a quest zone called Ice Valley you can get fire, water, air ancients and in the next zone called Ancient Relic you get earth, dark, holy ancients. Ice valley quests are 40 energy and Ancient Relic quests are 41 energy.

At level 201 you unlock the zone after that which has fire, water, air Chaos monsters which are 70 energy but the catch rate is really low. You need to be like level 300 before you will get good catch rates.
avatar
HD ❤ Mochi
Dark Archon
Dark Archon

Posts : 131
Join date : 2013-03-22
Age : 30
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Bites on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:00 am

Mochi wrote:Yes at around level 150 in a quest zone called Ice Valley you can get fire, water, air ancients and in the next zone called Ancient Relic you get earth, dark, holy ancients. Ice valley quests are 40 energy and Ancient Relic quests are 41 energy.

At level 201 you unlock the zone after that which has fire, water, air Chaos monsters which are 70 energy but the catch rate is really low. You need to be like level 300 before you will get good catch rates.
WOW! thanks for the info. just lvled to 28 and cleared Eastern Seaside. Still got a long way till hunting Ancients. Cant wait for that day to come tho XD

Bites
Poppin
Poppin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-12-05
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Bites on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:25 am

Is there any guide on Incomes/Buildings? Im currently lvl28 with Income0. And the Quests under Western Rockface requires Income.

Bites
Poppin
Poppin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-12-05
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  player92 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:01 am

Bites wrote:Is there any guide on Incomes/Buildings? Im currently lvl28 with Income0. And the Quests under Western Rockface requires Income.
Yeah, buy buildings to get income.

player92
Red Eye
Red Eye

Posts : 15
Join date : 2013-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  HD ❤ Mochi on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:04 pm

There is a thread in the general section somewhere. It's an excel spreadsheet and what you can do is tell it how many buildings you have now then tell it how much gold you have and it will calculate what buildings you should buy to give you the maximum income.
avatar
HD ❤ Mochi
Dark Archon
Dark Archon

Posts : 131
Join date : 2013-03-22
Age : 30
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Bites on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Mochi wrote:There is a thread in the general section somewhere. It's an excel spreadsheet and what you can do is tell it how many buildings you have now then tell it how much gold you have and it will calculate what buildings you should buy to give you the maximum income.
Oh ok! gonna go check it out now.

Having hard times with money now.
Lvl32 w/
Income 5,080G
Upkeep 4,920G
Net Income 160G

Bites
Poppin
Poppin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-12-05
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  HD ❤ Mochi on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Money will come with time. Just keep fighting bosses and doing whatever you can and build up as much as you can. Income is one of the hardest things to get in this game.

One thing I do is sell all the monsters the require upkeep for zones I already completed.
avatar
HD ❤ Mochi
Dark Archon
Dark Archon

Posts : 131
Join date : 2013-03-22
Age : 30
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Bites on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:25 pm

Mochi wrote:There is a thread in the general section somewhere. It's an excel spreadsheet and what you can do is tell it how many buildings you have now then tell it how much gold you have and it will calculate what buildings you should buy to give you the maximum income.
LOL. cant download the spreadsheet tho. the captcha on media is dam irritating. I typed in the correct ones. but still cant download.

Bites
Poppin
Poppin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2013-12-05
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  HD♥iKΩNiK on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:46 am

If u are playing on a android device there is an app that will tell u how many buildings to buy to maximize income

HD♥iKΩNiK
Tiga
Tiga

Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-12-05
Age : 29
Location : Baltimore MD USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Required. Totally new.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum